System for Crowdsourcing Data Analysis [Was: position in cancer informatics]

From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:34:03 -0400
To: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Cc: Helena Deus <helena.deus@deri.org>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, "nathan@webr3.org" <nathan@webr3.org>, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "protege-discussion@lists.stanford.edu" <protege-discussion@lists.stanford.edu>, "semanticweb@yahoogroups.com" <semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>, "dbworld@cs.wisc.edu" <dbworld@cs.wisc.edu>, "machine-learning@egroups.com" <machine-learning@egroups.com>, "taverna-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <taverna-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, "bbb@bioinformatics.org" <bbb@bioinformatics.org>
Hi All,

Stefan Decker wrote:
> The discussion seem to point to a deeper question: how to enable crowd
> sourcing of the analysis of these kind of data sets? This may involve
> running of analysis code or maybe even manual work.
> What kind of computational infrastructure would we need to enable
> this? And how do we validate and aggregate results?

There is a system online [1] for crowdsourcing data analysis knowledge in
Executable English , with examples, such as [2]. The knowledge is used to
answer questions over web databases, with English explanations of the
results for validation.   In some cases, the explanations can be used as
plans.

[3] is a short overview paper, and besides the live system [1], there are
several presentations, movies etc on the site.

Apologies if you have seen this before, and thanks for comments.

                                                    -- Adrian

[1]  Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL
and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

[2]  www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/MedMine2.agent

[3]
www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM, David Booth <david@dbo <david@dbooth.org>