Re: What if an URI also is a URL

john.nj.davies@bt.com wrote:
>> Mine is http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i
>
> Agreed - but something that has puzzled me - shouldn't the URI scheme be
> something other than 'http' (on the assumption that you are not an html
> resource!)?
>
> urn? Something else?

If you have a way of accessing the urn:// protocol over the media you're
working on, why not?

It happens that, in Tim's case his representation accessible through the
web is his homepage, and he is defined in his FOAF file. If we manage to
put RDF in our biometrical passports and access it through the internet
in a standard protocol he could have something like:

foaf://passports.gov.us/people/his-passport-id

Because URI is generic you can have whatever you want, it just have to
be accessible using standard protocols.

cheers,
--renato

--
Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at