Re: What if an URI also is a URL

Oskar Welzl wrote:
> Thats how I try to think of it; it makes things relatively unambiguous,
> though sometimes more complicated (see my initial examples), but its
> obvious that quite a lot of people who author RDF out there have quite a
> lot of different approaches. Mixing those seems to be a challenge...

Right, that is the point - to make things unambiguous.  So, for your
original question.  It is not a matter of "can or cannot" but "should or
should not".

A machine couldn't careless if there is something that is both a html
page and a person .  A machine can not verify the reality.  In machine's
logic, there can be as long such a creature because nothing says it
can't.  So, the choice is your intension.  If you want others to
understand your resource unambiguously, you should describe them in the
best way possible to avoid confusion.

So, sure, you can use "http://www.flikr.com" to refer both the
community/service and web page as long as you are willing to take that
some machine agent may tell you that the service/community has a colored
background and the web page has some female or male members.

That's my two cents,

Xiaoshu