Re: RDF vs. relational databases

Also, as usual the question is what for are you going to use it.
Relational databases will win in performance competition, when you are
talking about processing flat-structured data with linear order and it
is often worth of consideration whether use of RDF e.g. for data-minining.

On the opposite site there are RDF graphs where travelling from one node
to another one is usually more time-consuming but let's you express
relations with starting node clearly.

There are some solutions where people store RDF graphs in persistent
database models (by translating RDF graph into relations inside of db
tables), and there are some encouraging results with performance. See
topic of persistent models at:

http://jena.sourceforge.net

for more,

Regards,