Question from the RDF-in-XHTML task force on the HTML Role Attribute

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:09:46 -0400
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi SWIG members,

The RDF-in-XHTML Task Force is facing an issue on which we could use
the opinion of more RDF experts.

Specifically, we're considering assigning a RDF property to the ROLE
attribute in HTML, for example:

==========
.... the summary of the document....
==========

would yield a triple:

_:div0 xhtml2:role dcterms:abstract .

The question is, what should xhtml2:role be? Should it be simply
rdf:type? Should it be xhtml2:role with no relationship to rdf:type?
How should we go about making this decision? Are there guidelines for
subclassing rdf:type?

Thanks for your help,

-Ben Adida
Chair, RDF-in-XHTML Task Force