Re: Representing vCard Objects in RDF/XML

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 09:16:19 +0100
To: Matt Halstead <matt.halstead@auckland.ac.nz>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Matt Halstead wrote:

> The vcard rdf schema at URI http://www.w3.org/2001/vcard-rdf/3.0 is
> invalid.  The easiest way to look at the problems is by using the w3c
> validator(http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/). Is there a more recent one
> that should be referenced?  The errors are not that hard to fix, but I
> presume there needs to be some consensus on what to rename the duplicate
> IDs to.

They don't need renaming, they can refer to the same concept (it just
has multiple types). The syntax can be fixed by changing the three
duplicated rdf:IDs in lines 115-118 to rdf:abouts but leaving the URIs
(and thus the RDF Model) unchanged. Also needs a default namespace
declaration to clean up the other errors.

If the schema itself were to change then, personally, I'd prefer to see
a more radical clean up of the TELTYPES/ADRTYPES modeling.

Dave