fast inferencing with jena and ?

From: Leo Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:03:40 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

We are using jena in a semi-commercial application and have to do simple
RDF/S inferencing on subclasses and subproperties.

We used Jena as basis for the app.

The problem with Jena is: the Model RDFS_MEM_TRANS_INF is too slow to do
simple inference (and it was the fastest we found in jena)

It has 200ms performance of matching two small rdf instance models
against a RDF/S ontology model (180 classes). Normal developer PC.
We did everything we could to make it faster, including prefetching all
classes, properties, trying out different Jena inferencers, etc.

What inference engine can be plugged into Jena smoothely?

any experiences or papers about that?

any help appreciated.