RE: [VM] Configuration management for RDFS/OWL ontologies

There has been some work on this. To find it on Google, try terms like:
"ontology versioning" and "ontology management".

Natasha Noy has recognized that tracking one version to another can be
done using ontology mapping (which is more typically used for mapping
between different ontologies in the same domain, rather than different
version of the same ontology.)

Other work has been done by Michel Klein.
The idea is to leverage what is known/done in software versioning and
then seeing what if anything is special for doing versioning/management
of ontologies.

Mike

Mike Uschold
Tel: 425 865-3605              Fax: 425 865-2965