Re: Language X within scope of language Y

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:46:42 -0500
To: Peter Constable <petercon@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, www-international@w3.org, ietf-languages@iana.org

Peter Constable scripsit:

> I'm not familiar with that work, but certainly "Das Kapital" is
> German even if I refer to it in an English conversation; "Capital"
> would be English. (/dæs kʰæpɪɾɫ̩/ would be German spoken with
> an American English accent.)

It's not clear what you refer to when you refer to it, though.  All the
translations I have ever seen are entitled "Capital", so presumably when
you refer to it, you refer to the ur-book which is language independent.

--
"Kill Gorgûn!  Kill orc-folk!           John Cowan
No other words please Wild Men.         jcowan@reutershealth.com