Re: RSS 1.1 usage of parseType="Collection"

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:47:44 +0100
To: Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt@crschmidt.net>
Cc: Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

>From a modelling point of view, the container/collection side of both
RSS 1.0 and 1.1 do seem a little troublesome. I'll pass on figuring
out the details here ;-) But both express membership and order in a
way that to me doesn't seem to fit very well with the domain model,
which seems generally to be what's at the feed URI at a given point in
time is a sliding window onto the conceptual feed comprised of all
items (ever).

An early question - the 1.1 spec says "order of the [items] child
elements is significant" - but what is the significance (bearing in
mind that most RSS 1.0 feeds incorporate a dc:date)?

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com