XMLLiterals and language

From: Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto@gmuer.ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:08:29 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

In my application I often deal with XHTML in literal values. The literal
have a language as a whole, usually this is the language of all the
xhtml elements but not necessarily. Currently I'm storing these as plain
literals, now I read in rdf-concepts that XMLLiterals have a root
element "rdf-wrapper" which may have an xml:lang. Do I understand this
right that all xml-literals have this (implicit) wrapper and may have a
language? How do I encode an XMLLiteral with language in rdf/xml?

The RDF-Validator does not mention the language in the triple-list
generated from the following:

  xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/">
    <dc:title  rdf:parseType="Literal" xml:lang="en">World Wide Web
Consortium</dc:title>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

Thanks!