Re: RDF and RDFS Schemas?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:59:20 -0500 (EST), Charles McCathieNevile
<charles@w3.org> wrote:

> That said, If you have some RDF and you want to make instance files, you
> could make an XML schema that covers the particular RDF you are trying to
> generate, and use that for generating your RDF. You just can't expect to read
> RDF according to a schema.

Yep. Some examples where this might be feasible are RSS 1.0, DOAP and
the FOAFnet 'profile' of FOAF (not sure of the status of the last one
- it was an offshoot/fringe thing). All of these (can) have
constrained syntax which should allow pure-XML authoring/validation.

See also :

"Using RDFS or OWL as a schema language for validating RDF"

http://esw.w3.org/mt/esw/archives/000048.html

and "Missing isn't Broken":

http://rdfweb.org/mt/foaflog/archives/000047.html

[btw, until very recently I was using my blog as a searchable bookmark
manager for remembering links like this, but http://del.icio.us now
seems a better fit]

Cheers,
Danny.