SPARQL Variable Binding Results XML Format

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:10:02 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I forgot to announce this when it happened late December.

The W3C RDF Data Access Working Group (DAWG)[1] is working on a query
language and protocol called SPARQL[2,3] for accessing RDF graphs.  As
part of that work, we needed a format to pass along variable binding
results; the kind of thing you get with SELECT in SPARQL (or SQL).  So,
weve created a small XML format to do that, which I edit:

  SPARQL Variable Binding Results XML Format
  W3C Working Draft 21 December 2004
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-sparql-XMLres-20041221/

We're looking for comments - there's an email address in the Status
you can send your feedback to - especially if the xml format seems easy
to use with XML tools.  There are RELAX NG, XML Schemas for the format
as well as XSLT and XQuery transforms that turn the example into XHTML.

Cheers

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/