Re: a simpler form of rdf xml

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:25:56 -0500
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
CC: Phil Dawes <pdawes@users.sourceforge.net>, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, atom-owl@googlegroups.com

Sandro Hawke wrote:
>>  <a>
>>   <-b->
>>    <c/>
>>   </-b->
>>  </a>
>
> I kinds of like the idea of just using the case of the first letter,
> where upper case means class names.

That's right. The problem is that you have to work with RDF for a while
to realize that it's a design pattern built into the good behaving
ontologies.

If we come up with a proposal for an EXML dialect (E for explicit), I
think it might be a great bridge for moving people over to the RDF world
(or transform their XML into RDF automatically)

> Or turn the element into a URI and
> look it up to see whether it's a Class or Property.

that's exactly the kind of things that people from the XML world want to
avoid (as much as they can).

--
Stefano.