Re: xml datatype facets

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:29:55 +0000
To: Geoff Chappell <geoff@sover.net>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> Thanks, that looks like it is/will be a useful doc. If it makes sense for
> this particular document, it would be great if you could also suggest ways
> to make the datatype definition available to an rdf processor - whether by
> mapping to triples, shoving in an XMLLiteral on the datatype class with a
> well known name, or....

I believe Jena already implements one of these solutions by:
- taking the URI part of the URIref used as a datatype and treating it
as a URL
- retrieving the XML Schema document from that URL
- accessing the relevant schema component definition
- passing that to Xerces XML Schema datatypes machinery to do its stuff

(I might be wrong, it's not a part of the system I either wrote or use)

Jeremy