Re: xml datatype facets

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:40:54 +0000
To: Geoff Chappell <geoff@sover.net>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Geoff Chappell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any one know of any standards or best practices for specifying facets on xml
> datatypes in rdf?
>
> I imagine something like this (in turtle/n3):
>
> ex:LengthConstrainedString a rdfs:Datatype;
>   rdfs:subClassOf xsd:string;
>   xsd:maxLength "32"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#nonNegativeInteger>;
>   xsd:minLength "1"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#nonNegativeInteger>.
>

> Or....?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff

SWBPD WG is working on this problem, see

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20041216/

particularly section 2.
It provides ability to use user defined XML Schema datatypes directly in
RDF and OWL, but does not provide the mapping of facets to triples that
your example shows.

I hope a version for public review will be available sometime fairly
soon (but not real soon!)

Jeremy