RDF and RDFS Schemas?

From: Burkett, Bill <WBurkett@modulant.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:29:52 -0800
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I'd like to hand-build some RDF/RDFS test cases using an XML Editor (e.g., XMLSpy) but - much to my surprise - I haven't been able to find an XML Schema (or even a DTD) for either of these.  (Or nothing recent anyway - I found "attempts" at creating XML Schemas for RDF but they're all over 5 years old.)

My first question is: Does anybody have, or know where I can locate, an XML Schema (or DTD) for RDF and RDFS (and perhaps OWL)?  My second question is more general: why is it so difficult to find these things?  I would think they'd be available on W3.org smack-dab in the middle of the RDF project material where they'd be easy to find.

Thanks - Bill

William C. Burkett
Senior Information Engineer
562-495-6500 x2013