RDF version of IETF RFC metadata (and relationship to FOAF files? )

From: DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) <bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:01:03 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
I've posted an RDF version of the IETF's listing of RFCs and associated
metadata ( <http://www.ietf.org/iesg/1rfc_index.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/1rfc_index.txt) at
<http://www.snee.com/rdf/1rfc_index.rdf>
http://www.snee.com/rdf/1rfc_index.rdf. I think it makes great semantic web
metadata for several reasons, among them being the typed relationships
between RFCs (e.g. dcterms:isReplacedBy, pr:hasCorrection) and the nice
connections to the existing semantic web: the existence of several RFC
authors who have FOAF files.

Which brings me to my question for the list: what's the best way to model
the latter? For example, what's the best RDF/XML way to indicate that "N.
Walsh" in the following entry for an RFC has a FOAF file at
<http://norman.walsh.name/foaf> http://norman.walsh.name/foaf? I don't want
to say "the creator of  <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3120.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3120.txt has a FOAF file at
<http://norman.walsh.name/foaf> http://norman.walsh.name/foaf"; the resource
has more than one creator, and I want to make it clear which one has which
FOAF file. (I think Karl may have one himself somewhere.)  The solution
needs to incorporate the string "N. Walsh" as a representation of Norm,
because that's how the IETF chooses to do it at
<http://www.ietf.org/iesg/1rfc_index.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/1rfc_index.txt, and that's out of my control. I
suppose I could map the creator names to something like
http://foo.org/path/namel#N.%20Walsh <http://foo.org/path/namel#N.%20Walsh>
so that they can be subjects of triples and have their own predicates and
objects but I was hoping for something more elegant.

  <rdf:Description rdf:about='http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3120.txt'>
  <title>A URN Namespace for XML.org.</title>
  <creator>K. Best</creator>
  <creator>N. Walsh</creator>
  <date>2001-06</date>
  <format>TXT</format>
  <pr:byteCount>8068</pr:byteCount>
  <rfc2026:status>INFORMATIONAL</rfc2026:status>
  </rdf:Description>

thanks,

Bob