Re: RDF containers vs. multiple properties of same predicate

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ontopia.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:24:08 +0200
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

* Jan Algermissen

| IOW, what is the difference of having several authors vs. having an
| rdf:bag of authors?

I asked about this myself ages ago, and was then pointed to

You need to go all the way down to section 3.5.

I think figure 7 shows what it means quite clearly: there is *one*
resource that the statement applies to, and that resource has parts,
and possibly also other characteristics. I guess in TM terms you could
think of it as introducing a "blank subject" to represent a whole with
parts so that you can talk about it as distinct from its parts.

In the example given creating a node for the committee would seem
reasonable, though there may be situations where this won't work and
you're left with the bag approach.