modeling document classes with OWL

From: Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen@topicmapping.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:14:32 +0200
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I want to use OWL class descriptions to define classes of documents but
I can't find out, how to describe (for example) that an 'Article' has a
sequence of sections.

Here is an example:

First I describe that 'Articles have exactly one dc:title and one

<owl:Class rdf:ID="Article">
      <owl:intersectionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
          <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="&dc;title" />
          <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="&dc;creator" />

(That is the (a) way to do that I hope).

I'd add other required or optional properties (such as teaser, copyright information, etc.) in the same way.

I (think) I can say that an Article has 0...N sections with owl:minCardinality and owl:maxCardinality, but I want them to be ordered (of course).

An instance of the Article class I have in mind would need to 'have' an rdf:Seq containing the sections, I think (correct?). Could anyone help me with the question of how I say that in OWL?

- I know that XML would be my friend here, but I do want to use RDF
- I also do not want to use XML semantics (like the infoset RDF namespace) to express the desired content model

Many! thanks in advance for any clarification of this issue.

Jan Algermissen
Consultant & Programmer