Creating XML from RDF triples?

From: Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen@topicmapping.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:25:44 +0200
To: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hi,

I plan to use RDF as a means to merge XML documents and have a question that
maybe someone has worked on already.

Here is what I want to do:

Suppose I have two documents like the ones below:

     xmlns:uml="http://example.org/uml/"
     xmlns="http://www.foo.com/concepts/">

  <LinuxPC rdf:about="http://www.foo.com/items/677625">
    <rdf:label>Host Elephant</rdf:label>
    <uml:hasDeployedSoftware>
      <WebServer rdf:about="http://www.foo.com/items/766322">
        <rdf:label>Apache 1.3</rdf:label>
      </WebServer>
    </uml:hasDeployedSoftware>
  </LinuxPC>

</rdf:RDF>

the other one (being another description of this PC)

     xmlns:uml="http://example.org/uml/"
     xmlns="http://www.foo.com/concepts/">

  <LinuxPC rdf:about="http://www.foo.com/items/677625">
    <CPUCount>2</CPUCount>
    <ResponsiblePerson>Jack Admin</ResponsiblePerson>
    <!-- lots of other attributes here -->
  </LinuxPC>

</rdf:RDF>

The idea is that they come from different sources and that I
integrate them by merging their RDF graphs.

My question is if there has already been any work on producing XML
again from the merged RDF graph or if there are even tools that
take the DTD/Schema and transform the RDF into XML.

The result should then look like this (of course):

     xmlns:uml="http://example.org/uml/"
     xmlns="http://www.foo.com/concepts/">

  <LinuxPC rdf:about="http://www.foo.com/items/677625">
    <rdf:label>Host Elephant</rdf:label>
    <uml:hasDeployedSoftware>
      <WebServer rdf:about="http://www.foo.com/items/766322">
        <rdf:label>Apache 1.3</rdf:label>
      </WebServer>
    </uml:hasDeployedSoftware>
    <CPUCount>2</CPUCount>
    <ResponsiblePerson>Jack Admin</ResponsiblePerson>
    <!-- lots of other attributes here -->
  </LinuxPC>

</rdf:RDF>

Thanks a lot in advance for any pointers.

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com
Consultant & Programmer	                  http://www.gooseworks.org