Re: mapping FOL -> DL

While we're on the topic....
	Is there any way to map from FOL->DL while minimizing expressive
power lost? While I'm being informal with "minimizing expressive power
lost", I mean either:
   a) Given a formula \phi, the translated formula T(\phi) should be
      logically equivalent to \phi.
   b) Given a formula \phi, the translated formula T(\phi) should be
      satisfiable iff the formula \phi is satisfiable.

	Now, clearly this won't work for all of FOL, but it could for
some statements. And you think there would be ways of going from FOL->DL
that were sensible.
	Ian Horrocks had a few simple rules in his FOL vs. DL Reasoner
paper, but I can't find much else in the literature. Anyone got
any ideas or references?
	FOL can be useful, see Pat Hayes's note:
ttp://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/~sst/is/WebOntologyLanguage/hayes.htm

					-Harry