Re: towards trusting the semantic web RE: Spamming a URI

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:01:40 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

At 15:05 27/09/04 +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
>[5] http://secure.dsg.cs.tcd.ie/
>
>I hope to post some notes of my own about this work in the not-too-distant
>future.  I note they have also done some work on proof carrying assertions

Ooops, I didn't finish that sentence before hitting "send"...  I meant to say:

I note they have also done some work on proof carrying assertions related
to their work on trust evaluation, which I feel might be of interest to the
W3C web-of-trust vision, beyond making standard access control type decisions.

(As well as saying "Here is why I am authorized to access your web
site...", one might also convey something like "Here is why you should
trust me to access your web site ...".)

The particular work I have learned of focuses on conveying that some
indicated partial information is sufficient basis to arrive at the same
conclusion as one would obtain if total information were available.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email:
http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact