rdfs:range with dcterms:isPartOf

From: <kurt.godden@gm.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:10:58 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Brakepad isPartOf BrakeAssembly.
BrakeAssembly isPartOf Vehicle.

It seems like I can NOT specify that there is an rdfs:range on
dcterms:isPartOf for the class Vehicle as well as the class BrakeAssembly.
The reason is because the RDF Schema spec says "Where P has more than one
rdfs:range, then the resources denoted by the objects...are instances of
*all* the classes..." [emphasis added].

Kurt Godden
GM Technical Fellow
GM R&D, Warren, MI
ph: 586-986-0445; em: kurt.godden@gm.com

"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   ---Robert A. Frosch, VP (retired), GM Research