RE: web proper names

Looking at:
http://www.hackcraft.net/rep/rep.xml

Jon's take seems interesting, but on a second-cut I would, in the
style of XTM and WPNs, add a class of "referents" or "subjects"
to denote resources that are primarily used to denote something
without a web-accessible representation - since after all,
representations on the web are resources too. So it isn't covered by
the case of "http://example.net/rep#NoRepresentation". Now, some files
such as Expanded WPNS (WPNs over http://) are actually meant to be
used to refer to a "thing/referent" but have a representation.

Also, as regards Passim's predicates:
1) subjectIsTheThingReturnedByThisURI
2) theDocumentAtThisUriDescribesTheSubject
3) theDocumentAtThisUriIsAboutTheSubject

I would replace "Document" with "Representation", and I'm not sure
about this "About" versus "Describes" distinction. Seems unclear.
Is "About" meant that the RDF subject URI is a rigid designator-esque
URI meaning the "thing/referent", not the "representation". Can you
clarify?

It's because of these issues I think a common "representation" format
such as WPN would be easier, and an Expanded Web Proper Name (or
something from a expanded-Jon "referent" class) could then connect those
predicates to a URI that has representations (information resource) over
http://. My reason for choosing the Expanded Web Proper Name
representation format would be that it allows easy "eye-balling" of the
referent\thing and includes relevant information (search engine terms and
results) to find out if what two people "things/referents" URI are
actually the same - in fact, since it's lists of URIs a machine might
have a heuristic as well.

I think we should go ahead on all fronts, new RDF predicates and Web
Proper Names. I would like to see this problem solved.

				-harry