Upcoming wave of quad/namedgraph implementations ,was: Reification - whats best practice?

From: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:14:47 +0200
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Cc: "Andrew Newman" <andrew@tucanatech.com>, "Richard Cyganiak" <richard@cyganiak.de>

Hi all,

it really looks like this reification discussion make some people sit down
and work :-)

We will see a wave of quad/namedgraph-based implementations being released
in the next weeks. Up to my knowledge, the following people are currently
working on implementations:

1. We are working on a NamedGraph API extending Jena
http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/ng4j/
2. Andy Seaborne and Rave Reynolds work on a Jena Multimodel
http://www.swed.org.uk/swed/doc/javadoc/com/hp/hpl/jena/util/MultiModel.html
3. Andrew Newman said that Kowari 1.0.5 will somehow support
quads/namedgraphs (??),
http://kowari.sourceforge.net/
4. Phil Dawes implements a store in python which will support
quads/namedgraphs
5. RDF Gateway already supports quads
http://www.intellidimension.com/default.rsp?topic=/pages/site/products/rdfgateway.rsp

Anybody else?