Latent Semantic Indexing

From: Phil Dawes <pdawes@users.sf.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:06:48 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi All,

A collegue at work pointed me to this paper:
http://javelina.cet.middlebury.edu/lsa/out/cover_page.htm

I found it a very readable account of the LSI technique to extract
patterns of meaning from unstructured text.

It caused me to wonder how much techniques like this will be used to
smush terms together in the future (e.g. based on their recorded
'semantic-distance'). I can visualize an interactive tool where the
user adjusts some threshold controls, and you see patterns in the data
occur as terms get smushed together.

Cheers,

Phil 'starry eyed' Dawes