Re: Ways to restrict the properties a class may have?

It seems to me that using an inference engine of some kind, all that needs
to be added is some resource that represents a violation.  Then inference
rules might be used to infer the presence of such in some given
RDF.  (Maybe that's what Pychinko's Report(), mentioned by Kendall Clark,
is meant to achieve?)

I don't think it's in the spirit of RDF to close off the properties that
can be applied to a resource... it seems like saying that one knows all
there is to be known about some object.  Unrecognized properties can
(should) be ignored.

#g
--

At 21:35 28/10/04 +0200, Jan Algermissen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I know about the various ways to constrain individual properties, but
>I seem to be unable to find out if there is a standard way of restricting
>the set of properties instances of a given class may 'have'.
>(Like relational tables form classes by grouping attributes)
>
>Is there an RDF vocabulary for this purpose?
>
>Hmm....what about owl:minCardinality (and owl:maxCardinality)? Does
>a missing cardinality of a property for a class imply the cardinality of zero?
>Or would relying on that be too application specific?
>
>Thanks for any help on this.
>
>Jan
>

>--
>Jan Algermissen