Re: Ways to restrict the properties a class may have?

Chris Purcell wrote:

> > OTH, checking that an employee cannot have a numberOfWindows property
> > is not a bad thing after all :-)
>
> [ex:numberOfWindows rdfs:domain ex:somethingWithWindows]
> [ex:somethingWithWindows owl:disjointWith ex:employee]
>
> Is that reasonable?

Hmm...not really. My point is that I want to develop a system that loads the
constraints and rejects 'broken' updates. This is just like RDBMSs keep data
from becoming 'incorrect' (according to the constraints). I want to avoid
having to develop extra checking code.

Basically, I want business rules (aka constraints) expressed as RDF.

I could of course develop my own vocabulary for this, but something
standardized would be better.

Thanks anyway,

Jan

--