Re: [announcement] SIMILE Longwell 1.0 Released

From: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:57:54 +0200
To: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom@mit.edu>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> The SIMILE project, a joint project conducted by the W3C, HP, MIT
> Libraries, and MIT CSAIL to promote semantic inteoperability of metadata
> between digital libraries, is happy to announce the release of their
> web-based general RDF browser.
> Longwell is a Java web application written on top of Jena, Apache
> Velocity and Apache Lucene, providing the ability to browse and search
> any kind of RDF dataset, both thru facetted browsing and thru free-text
> search and thru the combination of the two.

So is this purely Jena-based? I noticed that the source also contains
model classes for Kowari, Sesame and 3-store.

Also, in the SIMILE Scalability Report [1] it is mentioned that
    "...Sesame and 3store are the most worthwhile for exploring as
     remotely accessible stores for even larger datasets."

Was this actually done? If so, I would be very interested in your
observations/conclusions as input for the Sesame project[2].

[1] http://simile.mit.edu/reports/stores/
[2] http://www.openrdf.org/

Aduna BV - http://aduna.biz/
Prinses Julianaplein 14-b, 3817 CS Amersfoort, The Netherlands
tel. +31-(0)33-4659987  fax. +31-(0)33-4659987