Device independents and RDF

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:10:36 +0300
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

 This is an FYI email
I just got back from the DI Meta Data for content adaptation workshop.

 There was a clear understanding and appreciation of how RDF can be used
to promote Device independence and content adaptation. Specifically
there was consensus of the need to develop ontology, taxonomies etc for
describing roles of content sections. I will try and promote RDF as the
way to implement this, but that seemed to be the direction.

There is also good work going on in developing methods to embed RDF
triples into an XHTML page which will be an important part of this work.

Either way I see this as a major opportunity to promote RDF adoption for
the typical web author (not that I am quite sure what a typical author
is, beyond an abstraction...)

Keep well

Lisa Seeman