Pls clarify my question

From: Chaitanya Saragadam <go4chaitu_eng@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:57:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: Ian Dickinson <ian.dickinson@hp.com>, Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@gmx.de>
Cc: Morten Frederiksen <mof-rdf@mfd-consult.dk>, RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hi everyone,

   Iam a bit confused.Can anyone tell me how different
will this semantic web search be compared with google
search.I want to have this with some examples.
And what are the areas where the research is going on.
If anyone has some projects regarding this technology
, please share with me as i want to choose a project
in this technology as my semester project.

Thank a lot,
chaitu.