Re: [rdfweb-dev] RE: Atom and RDF

On 11/10/2004 20:26, Joshua Allen wrote:
> Are there actually any RSS 1.0 extensions in popular use?  I note that
> RSS 2.0 approach made it very easy for podcasting to catch hold, and
> this may be a consideration when evaluating an extensibility philosophy.

I'm sure you're aware that RSS 1.0 extensions are just RDF vocabularies.
http://www.schemaweb.info/ has a good list of RDF schemas, all of which
can be used with RSS 1.0.

I don't have any hard evidence to hand, but I suspect that Dublin
Core[1], syndication[2], content[3], admin[4], FOAF[5], and possibly
bio[6] are very popular and useful extensions. I certainly see them all
the time when I'm processing RSS.

Ian

[1] http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
[2] http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/