RE: URIQA thwarted by context problems? (NOT)

Right. By saying "treating the value as a title" I had glossed
over a presumption that the agent would infer new triples
based on the rdfs:subPropertyOf relation, as you show above.

The end result is that for any statement

   _:x <http://example.com/foo/bar/bas> "Blargh" .

one could infer

   _:x dc:title "Blargh" .

and thus treat the value (object of the first statement) as a title.

> As long as people remember that _at some point_, a human being has to
> tell a tool what to do with triples that it finds, things will
> typically work out. Inference can push this point further
> back, or push
> it onto another point where the work has already been done (which is
> ontology mapping), but it can't get rid of it completely.
> It's the ol'
> Chinese Room --- meaningless without the observers.

Right.

Patrick