Re: Revised draft of CBD

http://swdev.nokia.com/uriqa/CBD.html

Gratulations to this document!

I have seen this ongoing discussion and it was quite exhausting, so
thank you Patrick for summarizing the ideas so pointly.

As a developer, I state that the CBD and its now identified siblings
"Symmetric" and IFP are VERY VERY USEFUL for my work. Also as researcher
I see very much potential in your work. I have been following this
discussion for at least a year now.

We will try to get CBD runninng in Gnowsis asap.
so expect a demostrator that will show your emails, photos, files as
CBD's over URIQA.

I will implement this as a java servlet that runs in jetty (or tomcat)
and accesses gnowsis.

*Patrick*: I will bug you for the exact interfaces for the URIQA
protocol, do you have some Uriqa dumps available, like example
conversations between client and server -  HTTP gets and sample results.
could you post dumps somewhere?
especially for the new "IFP" and "Symmetric".

we had this "chatty bounded description" idea running around in gnowsis.
It is an implementation that is similiar to your "limit" things. For
performance, f.e. we spare the email body and attachements from the CBD
of an email.
perhaps dfki and gnowsis can offer some explicit code for these things.

btw: I plan to use OWL properties to check for IFP and symmetric, did
you do this so also?

cheers
Leo

Es begab sich aber zu der Zeit 05.10.2004 14:19,  da