Re: Amaya-like project for RSS?

From: Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:38:06 +0100
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Danny Ayers wrote:
>>I'm afraid I'll have to ask -- does someone know a Java library for blog
>>*posting*? ;) ;)
>
> Mr.Google should sort you there. Most blogging tools seem to support
> the Blogger API and the semi-incompatible Metaweblog API and some also
> use proprietary extensions (Movable Type has loads of them), all based
> on XML-RPC. Remarkably ugly stuff (see [1]), but fairly
> straightforward to implement.

Right.

Actually, probably both posting and the conditional GET should be around
in the source of free Java aggregators (I hope) -- it's the
get-it-all-as-RDF that is hard to find.

> I've not seen any reliable surveys recently, but the % of ill-formed
> XML is more than negligible. I've got a SAX-like soup parser that
> could act as a preprocessor if that proves a problem in practice. (The
> ill-formedness can be intermittent - characters of the wrong encoding
> pasted into a blog (HTML) form - I manage it a couple of times a month
> myself...).

I suppose I'll start out with ordinary XML tools and deal with that
later -- or sooner if it becomes a problem immediately :)

I'll start coding on this on Tuesday, let's see how fast I can get
something demoable :)

- Benja