Re: Is promoting RDF+XML a lost cause?

When I make courses on RDF and RDF/XML, I *always* use the graph paradigm in the
forefront. Ie, if there is a new concept (eg, some OWL stuff), I always put up a graph
*first* and that is what I use to explain. Then, almost casually, I also show an excerpt
of RDF/XML saying 'if you want to serialize, this is the way it looks'. I have received
quite a lot of positive feedback from people that pushing the graph, and its visual
representation, worked well for them. Once people grasp it than RDF/XML becomes just a
serialization method. Not pretty, there might be others coming up in the future, but it is
nothing else than syntactic sugar. (Well... sugar might not be the best word here, maybe
'syntactic salt' is a better term?;-)

Ivan

--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices