Re: RDF tools for program versions

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:57:21 +0100
To: John Fletcher <j.p.fletcher@aston.ac.uk>
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:24:18 -0000, John Fletcher
<j.p.fletcher@aston.ac.uk> wrote:

> The general purpose project supplies another part of the framework.

Benjamin Nowack has been putting together a vocabulary [2],[3] with
similar aims (but with an immediate application). He's suggested (and
I think it's a good idea) we merge at least some of this in to the
material I've already got, using the same namespace [3]. There's
considerable overlap in the core terms, a few stragglers around the
edges.Whether it will be better to keep everything together or in two
(or more) associated vocabs - i.e. core + auxiliary remains to be
seen. I've a feeling at least some of the merging will involve
multiple equivalent terms (through owl:sameAs and/or
owl:equivalentClass). Any tips on good strategies would be
appreciated. I'm hoping we'll have the first pass merge done in the
next week or so. Should be fun...

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://labs.semanticweb.org/relaunch2004-prj_browser