Re: AW: uml to rdf converter

From: Emmanouil Batsis <manos_lists@geekologue.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:06:08 +0200
To: "David Price" <david.price@eurostep.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi David,

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 14:24, David Price wrote:
> However, I would be willing to spend some time
> on this now if people are interested in using it.
>
> I've done no work on a native RDF/RDFS translator, but would be willing to
> help with that too.

Let's consider the basic use case of converting a class with simple type and
collection members from XMI to RDFS+XSD simple types. I suppose this is not
available right now? If not shouldn't one start from there? Are we talking
about XMI to serialized RDF/XML or memory representations? The latter comes
with a bonus of base set of interfaces that could be implemented/reused
existing libraries...

I'll happily help on design, code etc but, IMHO, what is primarily needed is a
mapping document people can agree upon as a reference and point of
integration with existing stuff...  Does that sound like a trivial job for
rdf-interest or am i to loose my hopes on humanity? We could adopt FOAF as
our test case!

Manos

PS: will the converter work on ArgoUML?