RE: working around the identity crisis

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:58:03 -0000
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, public-esw-thes@w3.org

> The technical problem is that using frag ids raises issues when you
> have a large set of terms and then try to efficiently GET a term's URI
> in order to receive a description (or if you would like to
> provide term
> descriptions at a term's URI).

Just to say that, as Dave Reynolds pointed out a little while ago on
public-esw-thes list, this is not necessarily true, as you can do things
like

   http://my.org/knowlegebase/chemistry/water#concept
    http://my.org/knowlegebase/chemistry/ice#concept
or
    http://my.org/knowlegebase/chemistry/water#Water
    http://my.org/knowlegebase/chemistry/ice#Ice

... see his posting at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2004Sep/0016.html

Not that I'm expressing any sort of opinion on whether hash or slash is best
;)

Al.