Re: I guess it's a stupid questions.

Danny Ayers wrote:
> I've often had doubts, but haven't yet really encountered any
> situation for which the lack of RDF contexts/quads has been a killer.

Here is my use case:

We have a lot of documents each of which consists of several hundred
statements. Every document has some metadata such as when it was last
revised. This information can easily be indicated when such a document
is stored in a single file, using rdf:about="". The other solution of
course would be to reify all statements, which is definitely not
practical (which is not to say that reification isn't useful for making
assertions about individual statements).

The important point is that I can no longer make use of this metadata
after loading the data into an RDF database (e.g. retrieve a set of
statements or search only statements that are available under a license
that allows non-commercial use), unless the database supports some kind
of context.

I would be quite surprised if I were the only person on this planet with
this problem...

> context can be done in a way that is RDF-friendly and useful without
> needing quads though - check the good Mr. Beckett's approach in
> Redland:

For all I can tell he *is*, in principal, using quads, isn't he?

   graph.add(triple, identifier)