RE: flogging a dead horse

OK. Shame on me for responding too quickly.

Technically, my first response was correct. Your example did not really
demonstrate any co-denotation of a URI, so I presumed you were trying
to solve a non-problem.

The real problem that seems to be alluded to in your initial example
is when users *erroneously* presume that the URI would identify a
document, because they GET a document in their browser, rather than
some other resource. And I don't see how that can be addressed by
any technical solution. It's a matter of education.

Looking past the premise of your document, the "practices" you suggest,
for utilizing typical server behavior to maintain a distinction between
URIs for concepts and URIs for documents about the concept,
certainly seem reasonable and could constitute the foundation for
a general naming methodology.

Cheers,

Patrick