Re: Annotating photos with events/subevents

On Nov 2, 2004, at 7:53 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> My events will be arranged into a hierarchy where an event can be a
> subevent of another event.  For example:
>
>   <http://example.org/events/2004/09/Tokyo> a photo:Event ;
>   	rdfs:label "Tokyo 2004" .
>
>   <http://example.org/events/2004/09/SVGOpen> a photo:Event ;
>   	rdfs:label "SVG Open 2004" ;
> 	photo:subEventOf <http://example.org/events/2004/09/Tokyo> .
>
>   <http://example.org/photos/2004/09/p1.jpg> a foaf:Image ;
>   	dc:title "Conference registration" ;
> 	photo:event <http://example.org/events/2004/09/SVGOpen> .

You might take a look at the work described in
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SimplePhotoAnnotation for an existing way to
annotate photos as being part of an event using dc:coverage and
cyc:Event. I imagine you could then pull the hierarchy of events
together with something like cyc:subEvents.

thanks,
..greg