Re: [semanticweb] ANN: semanticweb.org relaunch project

From: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:13:51 +0100
To: bnowack@appmosphere.com
Cc: semanticweb@yahoogroups.com, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

>I'm attempting to relaunch the semanticweb.org portal[1],
>and would appreciate any ideas, comments, and wishes for
>a new version.

I think it is a great although self-evident idea to make semanticweb.org
a semantic website itself.
It seems like the portal should aggregate (meta-)data about semantic web
related projects, organisations/communities, researchers, events,
publications etc.
My experience with similar projects is that content contributers should
have it as easy as possible to submit content to such a semantic portal
else there is risk it falls asleep again. This was one of the main
reasons we started developing Powl (http://powl.sourceforge.net) - which
is a PHP, open source, web based semantic web editor targeting at making
web based RDFS/OWL editing as easy as possible. Currently there are
several projects ongoing using Powl as heart of such semantic web
portals. If you are interested I could send you a link (they are not yet
public :-( ).
Your design looks clean and adequate so far.

Good luck

- sören

Sören Auer - University of Leipzig - Dept. of Computer Science
Room 5-52, Augustusplatz 10, 04109 Leipzig, +49 (341) 97-32323