Re: Bibliographic Record Schema / writing rules

Hello Richard --

At 08:49 PM 5/31/04 +0100, you wrote:
>I am looking at OWL and trying to distinguish which are the correct rules to
>use to enable me to set this up properly.  However, I find the food and wine
>examples in the OWL guide quite difficult to follow.

Amen to that.

>Does anyone know of a
>good tutorial on OWL or point me in the correct direction to learn which
>rules are best suited to what I want to do?

Sorry, I don't know of any OWL tutorials apart from the standard ones.

However, there is a system in which it is arguably much easier to write and
run rules.  The rules could thus be checked, and later translated into OWL.

The system is called "Internet Business Logic", and it is online at
www.reengineeringllc.com, together with tutorials.  The author- and
user-interface is simply a browser.  Non-commercial use is free.

there are a number of examples that you can run and change.  The example
RDFQueryLangComparison1 illustrates the approach.

I have been following your posts, and would be interested in helping to
write a bibliographic ontology that would run in our system.

                Best,  -- Adrian

                                            INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC

                                              www.reengineeringllc.com

Dr. Adrian Walker