Re: Placing a comment on a relationship?!

Richard,

On Thursday 20 May 2004 10:27, Richard Lennox wrote:

> I was wondering if this is at all possible.
>
> I have a triple:
>
> Class1 dc:relation  Class2
>
> Such that there is a relation between Class1 and Class2 - and while there
> are/could be more refinements of the property dc:relation, say for the sake
> of arguments they are not correct in this particular usage.  Is it then
> possible to add a property to the property, a particular comment.
>
> Class1 dc:relation Class2
> dc:relation comment blahblah
>
> Perhaps those triples are wrong, I just don't know.
> And how would I reprresent this in various manifestations of RDF (N3,
> (R,P,V) and RDF/XML)?

_:class1 dc:relation _:class2 .
dc:relation ex:comment "blah blah" .

would be valid (N3/Turtle) but it doesn't mean what you want to say. The
comment here is about the property indicated by dc:relation, rather than
about this specific instance of it. Observe:

_:class1 dc:relation _:class2 .
_:class3 dc:relation _:class4 .
dc:relation ex:comment "blah blah" .

would otherwise be ambiguous.

Reification (to make statements about *statements* rather than properties)
sounds like a good fit for this, but I've been wrong about reification
before.

Hamish