Re: Trix tools

Hmmm ...

James Carlyle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to rework my RDF XML-->N-Triples XSLT stylesheet for the XML
> syntax recommendation [1].  Previously I tested the output against the
> test suite N-Triples by loading both sets into a relational database and
> running intersection queries, but now I want to consider a different
> approach.
>
> 1) Convert the test suite N-Triples to Trix documents
e.g. one trix doc containing all the tests

> 2) Convert the XSLT stylesheet output N-Triples to Trix documents
> 3) Write another XSLT stylesheet to compare the test suite and generated
> Trix sets.
>
> So my questions are:
> 1) Can you see a flaw in this approach?
Yes, see 3) below
> 2) Has anyone written a tool to generate Trix from N-Triples?
Not me.

> 3) Has anyone written a Trix-Trix comparison tool or stylesheet?
This would be hard, since Trix-Trix comparison is not yet defined. This is
one of the things currently being discussed on www-archive as some of us
try and improve the formal model underneath Trix.

More positively,

jena.rdfcompare [1]

can read two N-triples files and tell you whether they are the same or not.
It implements graph equivalence as defined by RDF Concepts.

I would be surprised if other toolkits do not provide similar functionality.
Hence I would suggest running the test suite thus:

XSLT from RDF/XML => N-triples
use jena.rdfcompare to ompare the answer with the correct result.

Jeremy

[1]
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jena/jena2/src/jena/rdfcompare.java