RE: Programming languages

Many servers and academic stuff is written in java or c
f.e. FORTH rdf suite is java/c conglomerate

My favourite Tool is Jena - http://jena.sourceforge.net/ (java)

often used is sesame, which is also Java
Protege als editor is also Java.

So I would guess that most "desktop GUI apps" and "big servers" are
Java, whilst the "web site" developers may focus on php/python/perl.

Small prototypes and "proofs of concept" are often in python.

well, most of this was obvious.

hth
Leo