RE: Sesame 1.0 released!

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 17:58, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Is there any reason why Sesame doesn't use JDBC or ODBC for its SQL backend
> connectivity? I struggle to see the value is scoping this strictly to Oracle
> or MySQL when this product should be DBMS agnostic.

Ah, but Sesame does use JDBC connectivity. There is a generic RDBMS
implementation available that is as agnostic to specific DBMS products
as is possible. However, SQL is a standard that comes in eh... several
flavours. Therefore product-specific specializations are implemented for
Oracle, Postgres and MySQL.

Jeen