Re: A very basic question

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:43:49 +0100
To: "Zhu, Bin" <zhubin@uclab.org>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Zhu, Bin wrote:

>Hi,
>   I have a very basic question. RDF statements are all triples. But if
>I want to express "Tom borrowed a book from Mike", how do I express this
>sentence using triples?  Thanks in advance!

There are a few ways it could be done, depends how you want to model it.
One method would be to have "Borrow" as a class, and use properties to
fill in the details:

x rdf:type ns:Borrow
x ns:lender "Mike"
x ns:borrower "Tom"
x ns:object "a book"

The subject x would be a blank node or a URI that identified this
particular event.

See also:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/NaryRelations

http://esw.w3.org/topic/RecordDescription